21st Annual General Assembly
The 21st Annual General Assembly of WISTA (Women’s International Shipping & Trade Association) Hellas took
place on Wednesday, 6 April, 2016 at the Metropolitan Hotel, during which General Elections were held to
appoint the new Board of Directors and the new Auditing Committee for the coming two-year period 2016-
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- President: Angie Hartmann, Crew Manager, Starbulk S.A.
- Vice-President: Petraki Elpiniki-Natalia, Director, Enea Management
- General Secretary: Maria Mavroudi, Business Development Manager & Claims Executive, The
American P&I Club
- Treasurer: Ioanna Topaloglou, Orion International Brokers and Consultants Ltd.
- Board Member: Maria Angelidou, Marketing Manager, GAC Group
SUBSTITUTE BOARD MEMBERS
- Zoe Lappa-Papamatthaiou, Legal Director, Danaos Shipping Co. Ld.
- Angeliki Karagianni, Business Partner, Karagianni Bros Marine & Industrial Products
- Despina Agyranopoulou, Managing Director, Global Seaways S.A.
- Elizabeth Ioannidi, Oceanbulk Maritime S.A.
- Marina Papaioannou, DNV GL, Maritime Academy Hellas
- Vicky Roussos, J.G. Roussos Shipping S.A.
It was a successful event attended by 75 members, while 34 more voted through proxies. The Association’s
members were updated on WISTA Hellas’ overall activities during 2015, as well as major activities of WISTA
International and in particular, were made aware of its annual financial status and the budget for 2016. A lively
exchange of views, ideas and information between members present (representing all facets of the maritime
industry) ensued, relating to the future conduct and activities of the Association.
WISTA Hellas is part of a greater international body of professional women actively involved in the global
industry of shipping and trade spanning 34 countries. Many of its members play key roles in the companies
they represent. Such diversity of professionals within a single industry has been a major factor in promoting
the goals of WISTA by encouraging commercial and educational interaction on many levels.
Elpi Petraki, Maria Mavroudi, Angie Hartmann, Ioanna Topaloglou, Maria Angelidou