World Ocean Council Invites Ocean-Related Accelerators, Incubators, Challenge Competitions and Startup Hubs to Engage With the Global Network of Innovation Initiatives
25 May 2021
The World Ocean Council (WOC) “Global Blue Economy Innovation Initiatives Network” connects over 100 ocean-related accelerators, incubators, challenge competitions and startup hubs to advance leadership and collaboration in ocean sustainable development.
Ocean sustainability innovation efforts not yet involved in the “Global Blue Economy Innovation Initiatives Network” are invited to click here to register your interest in becoming a Network participant.
The Global Blue Economy Innovation Initiatives Network is designed to:
• Connect the growing number of ocean-sustainability related accelerators, incubators, challenge competitions and startup hubs
• Foster communication, coordination and the exchange of best practices among the initiatives/organizations
• Catalyze synergies among ocean sustainability-related innovation initiatives/organizations
• Increase investment community awareness of the initiatives/organizations and your outputs, participants, etc.
• Increase support for your initiative/organization and the startups, SMEs etc. you are working with In this spirt of global collaboration for the ocean, WOC and The Ocean Opportunities Lab (TOOL) have joined forces to strengthen the global ecosystem for ocean innovators.
Birgit Marie Liodden, founder and CEO of TOOL stated, “The collaboration facilitates a great opportunity for connecting WOC’s global network of established actors from across the ocean industries, with the startups, hubs & new innovators gathered within TOOL’s community.”
“TOOL has built a range of key structures and systems for engaging the ocean innovation community. These complement very well with WOC’s global business and investment network and WOC’s focus on solutions to the challenges facing ocean companies,” says Paul Holthus, founding president and CEO of WOC.
Read more on how TOOL and WOC together will accelerate ocean solution building: https://lnkd.in/gkJSZfm Benefits of participating in the WOC “Global Blue Economy Innovation Initiatives Network” GBEIIN include:
• Listing of the GBEIIN participants on WOC website
• Announcing of the GBEIIN participant’s activities, e.g. accelerator cohort recruitment, challenge competitions, etc. to the 35,000+ WOC global business and investment stakeholders network
• Reduced rate for membership in the TOOL platform
The GBEIIN participants meet on line each quarter, with the next meeting scheduled for 31 May 2021. The May meeting will feature a panel of funding organizations to address “Ocean Innovation Initiatives: What investors want you to know.”
Global Blue Finance Summit (BlueFIN ‘21) – Dates to be determined
18-19 May, Online event
European Maritime Days: Special BlueInvest Workshop “Sustainable Blue Finance (Panellist)
25 May, Online event
ARPA-E Energy Innovation Summit: “The Blue Economy: An Ocean Full of Energy and Climate Opportunities (Plenary Session Moderator)
The WOC is the international, cross-sectoral alliance for private sector leadership, collaboration and action on ocean sustainability, stewardship and science. Companies from a range of industries worldwide are distinguishing themselves as leaders in “Corporate Ocean Responsibility”, including: shipping, oil and gas, tourism, fisheries, aquaculture, mining, renewable energy, ocean technology and investment.
WOC Members are listed here, a part of the WOC Network of 35,000+ ocean industry stakeholders around the world. The WOC is a registered not-for-profit organization in the US, UK and France.