IMC Golden Shield Excellence Awards 2017 – UK CHAPTER
Date: 15th Sept 2017 (Friday)
Venue: Old Library, Lloyd’s
IMC Golden Shield Excellence Awards 2017 - UK Chapter will recognise organizations/individuals
whose outstanding career achievements in Marine, Energy, Cargo, Oil & Gas and Offshore field has
earned them national or international prominence. These contributions can encompass leadership,
statutory, regulatory compliance, innovation, management & administration, trade & export services
where the recipient must have demonstrated the highest level of professionalism, contributed towards
the development of the Insurance Sector and served as a role model for current and future
Insurance Excellence Award Categories:
- Leading Syndicate- Marine Award
- Leading Syndicate-Onshore Energy Award
- Leading Syndicate-Offshore Energy Award
- Leading Syndicate- Project Cargo Award
- Leading Managing Agent- Marine Award
- Leading Managing Agent- Onshore Energy Award
- Leading Managing Agent- Offshore Energy Award
- Leading Managing Agent- Project Cargo Award
- Leading Broker- Marine Award
- Leading Broker- Onshore Energy Award
- Leading Broker- Offshore Energy Award
- Leading Broker- Project Cargo Award
- Leading Professional & Indemnity Provider Award
- Excellence In Claims Management Award
- Leading P& I Club Award
- Leading Fixed Premium Club Award
- Rising Star Award
Maritime Excellence Awards – Assurance & Commitment:
- Vessel Assurance Program Award
- Classification society Award
- Maritime Security Service Provider Award
- Maritime Organization Award
- Maritime Trade Association Award
- Maritime Professional Society Award
- Maritime Academics & Training Award
- Professional body for commercial shipping Award
Lifetime Achievement Awards
Criteria for Nomination:
- Organizations/Individuals must have demonstrated commitment, vision, calculated risk-taking, capacity for growth and be an independent thinker in the face of uncertainty.
- Organizations/Individuals must have demonstrated growth capabilities by building strategic
alliances and surrounding itself with range of advisers/allies to ensure success for all.
- Such Organizations/Individuals must have pioneered in taking new approach or technology
and creating a culture of innovative thinking.
- The Organizations/Individuals must poses personal integrity/influence coupled with the
ability to communicate ideas. Organizations must have proven their management skills and a
potential to influence others.
- Organizations/Individuals must have made significant contributions as a pioneer in field of
Marine, Energy, Cargo, Oil & Gas and Offshore sector.
- Be recognized as a significant figure by the International Insurance/Marine/Energy/Cargo/ Oil
& Gas/Offshore Community
- Presented evidence of outstanding and distinguished activities.
- Demonstrated ability to influence Insurance society and its institutions through principles,
initiatives and a philosophy.
- Must be nominated or seconded by a member of IMC.
Applications will be assessed by an independent judging panel comprising of members from
International Maritime Club
Rules for Award Nomination
- Nominations must be relevant to the category and fit within the criteria defined by the judging
- A company, individuals or an organization can nominate other eligible nominees or submit
self-nominations seconded by an IMC member in any of the mentioned award category
- All entries will be acknowledged via email
- Every nomination must be followed by a brief (300 word) document clearly describing is to
why the recipient deserves to win
- All nominations must be received on or before JULY 19 th 2017
- Selected nominees shall be notified via call / email
- Nominations received shall be thoroughly screened for determining its eligibility for
consideration of awards
- All decisions on and relating to Award selections will be made in the judges’ sole discretion
- By agreeing to be a Nominee, you represent and warrant that the Work that is the subject of
the Nomination: (a) does not violate or infringe any license, patent, copyright, trademark,
privacy or publicity right of any person or entity and (b) is not defamatory, libellous, obscene,
or otherwise illegal and you provide rights to IMC to publish your related works and
photographs for the use of club
- Any violation of the Program Rules will render the violator ineligible and may also void their
- The Award panel reserves the right to move a nominee to another category if deemed more
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is this award all about?
A: International Maritime Club (IMC), a non-profit maritime organization is organizing this award to
honour the organizations in the Insurance Sector who have demonstrated leadership and commitment
to advance their organizations' strategic goals.
Q: When is the deadline for submitting entries?
A: The deadline for submitting the entries is JULY 19 th , 2017 and to be done by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: How is the winner selected?
A: The winner will be selected via our judging panel comprising of members from International
Q: Who can submit a nomination for consideration?
A: Although we encourage nominations from IMC members, self-nominations seconded by an IMC
member are also accepted.
Q: Is there a fee to enter/nominate?
A: No fee required.
Q: Can I nominate for more than 2 awards?
A: You can nominate yourself any number of categories, provided you satisfy the award criteria.
Q: How and when will the winners be announced?
A: From all the received entries, the shortlisted nominees would be notified via email. The final winner
of the award would be declared through email for IMC Golden Shield Excellence Awards (2017) - UK
Chapter on or before 20th August 2017.
Q: Who do I contact in case I have queries other than the ones mentioned above?
A: IMC Secretary – Phone: 971 56 6882257